Join now

Call for Participation in Dissertation Research (Kampala)

Hello everyone! My name is Zoë Gross and I am a PhD Candidate at the Women and Gender Studies Institute at the University of Toronto. I am currently in Nairobi – and heading to Kampala next week for 6 weeks – conducting my dissertation research and am looking to interview self-identified white Canadian women working in international development, particularly those working with organizations/projects funded by the Canadian government (CIDA/DFATD, IDRC, etc.).

I joined InterNations in hopes that I would be able to network with potential participants.

My project seeks to explore the lives of white female Canadian development workers currently living and working in Nairobi, Kenya and Kampala, Uganda. In addressing different components of identity – race, gender, class, sexuality, and nationality – I seek to understand how these development workers may experience mainstream ideas about Canadian development and altruism, their role as development workers, and their relationship to East Africa.

You can view my academic profile here: Protected content -....

If you are at all interested, or know someone who might be, please do get in touch! You can contact me here or by email at Protected content . Participation is anonymous and confidential.

Warm regards,

Zoë

Kampala Forum

Our Global Partners