Join now

Employment in Uganda (Kampala)

Views

I am a professional translator and interpreter trained by NY University, and I am currently looking into expanding my services to East Africa. I am a polyglot, speak 7 languages. I am planning to relocate to Uganda therefore i am writing to you to introduce myself.
I am writing to check the possibility to collaborate in providing language services to your company eg. meet and greet services, Translation of your web page, services and your programs, welcome services in different languages including Portuguese and Spanish, (eg Translation and Interpretation services) for your VIP clients as well as regular clients. A position in which to use my Professional Managerial Skills as well as Translation and interpretation both Portuguese and Spanish <> English language ability, experience, and communication skills to advance the objectives of my employer.
I provide translations and interpretations for the International Organizations, NGO’s, as well as individuals from Lusophone and Spanish speaking countries communities seeking translation of their documents. Currently I am employed at a tour company and I take care of the Portuguese ans Spanish market.
My working language pairs are Portuguese<>English and Spanish<>English and I have an extensive experience of translation and whispering as well as simultaneous interpretation services to a large number of International Organizations and multinational companies including:
UN-Habitat documents; translation of a DVD documentary for IFAD Africa and KMP projects under African Rural & Agricultural Association (AFRACA); BAT (British American Tobacco) Nairobi; KQ (Kenya Airways); CWW-Children Without Worms/ THE TASK FORCE FOR GLOBAL HEALTH, INC., their programs with Cape Verde and meetings in Kenya and Uganda, the International Trachoma Initiative, CRS (Catholic Relief Services); Brazilian Embassy-UN Governing Council meeting; Kobo Safaris (in charge of the luxury department for Brazil and Portuguese tourism market); ITWF (International Transport Workers Federation, Africa Road Transport); CMC (CMC Motors Group); AU (African Union); LTC (Livestock Trade Commission); ICRC (International Committee of the Red Cross-)Brazil; 3M (Technology Company); IPPF (International Planning Parenthood Federation); IUCN (The International Union for the Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources) and MIKE (Monitoring the Illegal Killing of Elephants); FAWE (Forum for African Women Educationalists); SANOFY-Aventis; and general documents]; CRS (Catholic Relief Services); among others.

Additionally, I provide services for individuals who may require translation of Diplomas, Marriage, Birth and Death Certificates for individuals seeking these services at the Brazilian Embassy, Mozambique Embassy, Colombian and Mexican Embassy and other Latin American countries in Kenya and elsewhere as well as tour guiding services for clients from Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina and Chile as well as Spain and Portugal.

Looking for advise on how to contact NGO's and International organizations that i can submit my application

Contact me Protected content

Kampala Forum

Our Global Partners