Join now

Latin Fuego Dance on Sundays? (Kampala)

If you are bored on Sundays and want to meet new people, make friends and learn new dances such as salsa, Bacha-cha and other similar dances, you should stop by Jazzville Bar which is a popular upscale restaurant and is perfect for unwinding after a hard day’s work.

For those who love Jazz, this is the perfect hang-out for you. On Tuesdays, they have contemporary jazz night featuring a live band and on Thursdays, the Acoustic Jazz Night.

I am a fan of their Latin Fuego Evening Dances which takes place every Sunday evening from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. One can learn new dance moves organized by Next Step, a dancing company for a nominal fee Protected content Shillings). For those who are interested in lessons, Next Step charges 10,000 Uganda Shillings per session which is usually one hour from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.

In my opinion, you might not need to pay for those lessons if you stick around for the social dancing which begins at 8:00 p.m. and ends at 9:30 p.m. This is a perfect opportunity to learn and dance with the experts who can correct you if you make any missteps. It is also a great opportunity to network and make friends.

The dances are not only restricted to salsa. For example the week before, we learnt Kizomba, a romantic Angolan dance. Last evening, we started learning Jive which is a fun dance but very hard to learn. I probably will need two weeks to grasp the dance technique without getting confused.

If you any questions or require more information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kampala Forum

Our Global Partners