Join now

New member (Kampala)

Hello everyone, new member here! My family and I are looking to move to Uganda here in the near future and will be looking for jobs. Specifically, I am looking for legal jobs in either Kampala, Entebbe, or Jinja areas. I will be earning my Juris Doctor from a law school here in the States in May, and as a result of my foreign law degree, I will not be able to work as an advocate, but I believe that I would be useful to an organization nonetheless. I'm also open to other opportunities if the pay is comparable. Previously I was stationed in Uganda during my time with the US Army working hand-in-hand with the UPDF. I returned a few years later to work for an NGO in Kawempe and my wife and I have returned since, giving her the opportunity to fall in love with the country and her people.

My wife is interested in teaching at an international school. Currently she is a secondary English teacher here in the states, but also has foreign experience as well. She previously taught English at a private school in China.

I'm looking forward to becoming part of this group! Any help or leads would be appreciated as I haven't found too much on the job boards.

Kampala Forum