Join now

Where to go in Kampala?

Hey there!
I´m planning a reconaissance trip to Kampala and should stay for around a month.
This will be my second time in Africa, as I´ve been to Morocco in the past, but I don´t really know what to expect. I´ve heard good things about Uganda, both about the people, the culture and the economy.
I´m Brazilian and hold a job in my country´s IRS, but I´m considering taking a 1 to 2 year license to focus on my online business while I live off my investments, and I´ll take advantage of my time to do some world travelling.
My plan is to stay in each country for a few months and really get to know the culture.
This visit, however, will be just a normal 1 month vacation in order to get a good grasp of the place before I decide to take the plunge.
I´d really appreciate advice on overall cost of living- things like rent, food, entertainment, etc- things to do in town, safe and unsafe areas, cultural perks, etc.
I´m probably renting a place through Airbnb, so I´d appreciate advice on the areas I should favour versus those I should avoid.
Also, any other valuable info is more than welcome.
Thanks in advance, guys!

Kampala Forum

Our Global Partners