Join now

Work Permit Documents for an Expatriate Employee‏ (Kampala)

My name is Inamoto, a Japanese from Japan.

I have recently been recieved an acceptance letter from a

travel agency based in Kampala (Ugandan company).

I`m going to be hired and start to work for that company as

soon as I obtain a work permit.

Now, I have some questions to ask you about Class G2 Expatriate worker VISA.

According to the visa information shown on the website

of Ministry of Internal Affairs Uganda,

it doesn`t show what kinds of documents to be submitted

to the Ministry, apart from VISA Fee of USD Protected content year.

Then, I searched another website that shows more specific details.


According to that website, the documents (Class G2

Expatriate Employee) to be submitted are...


• Fill Entry Permit form.
• 2 passport size photos.
• Photocopies of passport.
• Academic qualifications.
• Letter of good conduct.
• Appointment letter.
• Covering letter.
• Proof of failure to employ a Ugandan.
• Investment letter.
• Income tax clearance.
• Articles and memorandum of association.
• Trading license.
• Security bond.
• Company’s bank statement.
• Certificate of incorporation.

Are those the documents to be submitted to the Ministry?

And, what are the details of " Academic qualifications " and

" Letter of good conduct " ?

Is " Academic qualification " my English-translated University

graduation Certificate " ?

Is " Letter of good conduct " a English-translated None-Criminal Record

issued by the department of Japanese Police?

If there are any legal changes about Class G2 Expatriate Employee VISA,

please inform me of the details.

Thank you.



Kampala Forum