Join now

Stories of Expat life in Karachi!

Thanks for having me here at InterNations.

My name is Luke Williams, I'm working on a book (my second, this one is for Maverick House in Ireland). The book is all about westerners and their experiences across Asia today and across history. I am very interested in doing a section or even a chapter on westerners who live in what is purportedly the 'most dangerous city in Asia'. I would love this to be a positive chapter, about people finding meaning and happiness in what seems to be an unlikely place to find those things. It especially interests me that many western females seem to love living in karachi and don't say they have any problems there.

I'm looking at coming to Karachi early in Protected content , but I would love to start a discussion here about what life is like in Karachi and what attracts you live there, and what it is that you like/love/dislike/hate about the place.

Oh and btw, I'm Australian - but I'm writing for UK/USA/Irish/European/Canada/Kiwi audiences so anyone who fits these - please I'd love to hear from you - either in this thread or via private message

Karachi Forum

Our Global Partners