Join now

looking for a job as secondary school teacher (Kathmandu)

You all know how difficult it is to get involved in a long-term commitment under the regulations of the tourist Visa. that's why I need you to share your own experience in becoming a foreign teacher in Nepal, give me advises and ask me any further information about my training and skills.
This is my second time staying for 5 months in this wonderful country, and I got the opportunity to volunteer as a teacher in a remote public school in Dhading district.
I've been teaching English from 2nd grade class to 10th grade class and spent great times amongst my Nepali colleagues and all the students.This immersed life into Nepal suits me perfectly and I am looking forward to settle down under the non-tourist status as long as possible.
However, this opportunity can not lead to a long term position. Unfortunately, the school principal told me he had no means or connections to help me getting a work permit and/or a non-tourist visa.
I feel very frustrated knowing that my sincere and selfless commitment for Education cannot lead to long-term consequences. I currently live in my nepali friend's family in Ktm, (Swoyombhu) and I wish to find a teacher's position that could allow me to get a work permit, as I heard tis is the only way to start a life-time staying in Nepal.
Feel free to comment and post in my mailbox on this site, or send me your answer at Protected content

Thanks all,