Join now

English Language Book Club Follow Up (Khartoum)

A few of us met on Monday evening and discussed and decided on some guidelines to get the group moving ahead. These guidelines are to help us move forward and have room for modification.

We decided to next meet on Friday October 19 at Solitaire in Riyadh from 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm and the first book is Season of Migration to the North by Sudanese author Tayeb Salih. The next book will be A Song of Fire and Ice by George R.R. Martin.

How Often: Every two weeks.

Day/Date: Beginning on Friday October Protected content meeting Friday November 2)

Venue: Likely to change from meeting to meeting -- sometimes public places, sometimes residences

Genre of Book: varies -- probably mostly fiction but not always. Selection of the book will rotate among participants and the person who selects the book will lead the discussion. (Rather than sticking to a narrow selection of types of books -- maybe we will discover new authors.)

I believe there are kindle editions of both books and likely pdf versions of both books available. And Season of Migration to the North should be found at most local bookstores. When I find the link to the pdf of Season of Migration to the North -- I will post it here on InterNations.

We are hoping to develop a list of books (and discussion leaders) so that we can plan ahead and read and obtain the books in plenty of time to have read the book in its entirety for a good discussion. In part, we chose "Season" because it is more of a novella (short novel) rather than something lengthy.

We look forward to have this group finally get going and if you have questions, please post in the thread. And this group is not limited to InterNations members -- so if you know of a colleague that might be interested -- please let them know.

Khartoum Forum

Our Global Partners