Join now

Interested in a Yoga retreatin Sudan? (Khartoum)

Dear residents of Khartoum,

My name is Emily Gilchrist and I am a Yoga Instructor based in Addis Ababa.

I have been living and teaching here for almost two years now. As well as running daily group classes I also run frequent Yoga weekend retreats which have proved and still are very popular amongst the expat community.

I know a couple of people based in Khartoum who enjoy Yoga and have suggested that I organize a retreat in Sudan for the expat community as there are few services like this available.

Before I go any further with this idea I would like to know what the general feedback is and would also appreciate if you could suggest any locations where you would like to make a yoga retreat. At the moment I can conceive of two options I could possibly offer, one is to run a short weekend from Friday evening through till Sunday evening so it would not require people to take time off work (somewhere on the outskirts of or in Khartoum), the second option would be to hold a retreat somewhere like Port Sudan. This means I could extend it to being a 4 or 5 day Retreat, and would make the journey there much more worthwhile.

There is an open window for me to come between the dates of Friday, 26th October, - Thursday 1st November, as this is a school term holiday period and is convenient for me to take leave.

I would hugely appreciate it if you could recommend ideal venues either i.e. in Khartoum or Port Sudan that would be ideal for a tranquil weekend.

Details of past retreats and upcoming retreats I have run and am running in Ethiopia can be found on my website Protected content . Please have a browse to give you a feel for what to expect.

If you are interested in partaking on a mini Yoga retreat that involves meditation, relaxation and plenty of rejuvenation please let me know as soon as possible so I can start to make arrangements according to what your preferences are.
I will form a group once enough interest has been generated to manifest a retreat in Sudan!!

I sincerely look forward to all of your feedback and hope to see you all in Sudan soon for some Yoga fun!

Warmest,

Emily

Khartoum Forum

Our Global Partners