An international solar company with headquarters in the UK is looking for an Inter-company Accountant. Previous experience as an accounts assistant or as an accountant is needed but full training will be provided. Apply at Protected content
• Honest, reliable and trustworthy character (with referees to support)
• At least 1 year of experience as an accountant or accounts assistant;
• Experience in an accounting or auditing firm a distinct advantage
• Comfortable with one of the following accounting software packages (Sage, QuickBooks, ERP, SAP or equivalent).
• Good knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping
• Keen to learn attitude
• Previous work in a financial role in a fast-moving office environment
• Good attention to detail
• Impeccable time management
• Efficient and responsive work ethic
• Clean and tidy
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Competent with Microsoft Office (Excel & Word esp.)
• Exposure to a customer relationship management system
• A certified public accountant: (CPA, ACCA, ACA) or a studier or holder of an equivalent qualification
• Advanced Excel skills ( Data validation, IF Formulae; VLOOK-UP)
• An undergraduate, bachelors or postgraduate degree in accounting or accountancy
• Formal training in IT, reporting and business administration
• Good people management
• Good knowledge of Kinyarwanda and/or other local languages a plus
• Good team player
• Experience in the solar or renewable energy industry
• Time spent in a retail oriented environment
• Experience with an international organization or business
• Interest or desire to learn more about accounting e.g. IFRS, intercompany transactions, accounts consolidation, intercompany loans
• Assist in the tracking of inter-company transactions and other support as requested by management
• Assist the financial controller (FC) and finance director (FD) in the monthly reconciliation of intercompany accounts (stock, bank remittance, equity computation)
• Assist the FC with data entry towards the preparation of management accounts.
• Support the country accountants and help to ensure that related parties’ accounts are accurate
• Ensure the monthly intercompany accounts are filed correctly and accessible after month end closing.
• Provide support in preparing information for the annual external audit
• Record each country’s purchase and sales invoices issued by other BBOXX entities
• Ensure the accurate capture of intercompany transactions in the accounting software
• Track all intercompany transactions in an Excel schedule to prepare for later intercompany reconciliation.
• Inform the FC, FD and country accountants about any discrepancies in transactions between related parties.
• Assist the FC in the computation of equity, loan interest based on balances of related transactions
Administrative support to management and country accountants
• Assist the FC in the training of new bookkeepers for data entry of sales, payments and stock related transactions
• Assist the country accountants by supervising the bookkeepers for reconciliation (sales cash between CRM and ERP for sales, cash paid and cash banked by the hub accountant )
• Find and communicate discrepancies in the stock reconciliation in each country
• Obtain the weekly repair reports from each country and extract warranty related data
• Enter trial balances in Excel to produce management accounts at month ends
• Organize and file electronically each country’s accounts after month end closing
Inter-company accountants are paid a competitive salary based on their experience and qualifications.
Deadline: 31st August Protected content
Start date: As soon as possible.
How to apply:
Send your C.V. and cover letter to Protected content