Join now

Seeking to work/volunteer in Kinshasa

Dear fellow expats and chèr(e) Kinois(e),

I think that this website is a great initiative to connect people from all over the world moving into new communities.

Currently I am working and living in Belgium but my girlfriend will be working for doctors without borders in Kinshasa at least until January or February Protected content .

I am very motivated to follow her lead and have a working and living experience in Kinshasa. That's why I joined internations.

I currently am applying spontaneously with two companies that have offices both in Belgium and in Kinshasa. But although I am welcome to meet them, they do say that the economic situation is not in my favour and thus it is hard to hire new personnel. Further I have subscribed myself to Afrikinterim.com. and try to get a chance of also volunteering for doctors without border, but the official hring procedure is quite long as one has to wait on the opportunity to follow a course first.

I would anyhow be very gratefull if you could guide me in the best way to find a job and hopefully have me get in touch with the right people.

I will be in Kinshasa from May 13 until May 22 and will be looking for the right opportunities.
I am a native dutch speaker, but fluent in English and my French will be in between level B1 and B2 according to the European language levels.

Thanks already for your reply and leading me the way!
(I can send a resumé and motivation letter if requested)

Kind regards

Len Bynoe

Kinshasa Forum