Join now

Celebrate Winter Solstice December 21, 2012 7:30 (Kuala Lumpur)

The big date approaches, December 21, Protected content . I don't believe it means the apocalypse, but I do think it means the end of time as we've known it.

What does that mean exactly? I'm not sure. I guess we'll all find out. But I think it means that the veils will be sundered which have kept us all apart, and that we will start to remember our past lives, and even our present lives, which our memory has conveniently forgotten.

I think it means that we will all become aware that time is not linear, but that our perception of time is only a construct in a reality that we've constructed for ourselves. And that we can construct different realities. Maybe not. I don't know.

Maybe we will all become more telepathic, and more aware of how our actions and the way we lead our lives impacts others.

If you are interested in this subject, I invite you to come celebrate Winter Solstice in my home in Cheras. We will have a solstice ceremony returning the return of the light. Winter Solstice is the shortest day of the year. It is the time when the days start to get longer again.

Bring candles. We will turn off all the lights and have a meditation while sitting together in the dark. The ceremony involves each person writing down something that happened the past year that hurt them, something you can't let go of, something you want to release.

Then each person takes turns burning their scrap of paper in a candle flame. And you offer blessings to the people involved, to yourself, and to the earth.

After the ceremony, we can sit around and talk and get to know each other. I really don't know anyone in the expat community here in Kuala Lumpur. My home is not very large. I can only accommodate about 12 people, so I would like people to RSVP, and I will accept the first 12 people who confirm. This is a nondrinking event. However, please bring some kind of nonalcoholic beverage and hors d'ouevres to share. I am not charging any money for this event, so I ask guests to help make it enjoyable for everyone.

This event is Friday, December 21 at 7:30 in Taman Tayton View in Cheras. I will give the address and directions to people who RSVP. Please send an email to RSVP, either here on Internations or to Protected content .

Kuala Lumpur Forum

Our Global Partners