Join now

Geologist intending to relocate to Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)

Currently based in the UK I am looking to relocate to Malaysia. My wife is Malaysian and she is at the moment with our 1 year old son and her family between KL and Pahang for Chinese new year preparations. I have visited numerous times and love it, have become accustomed to the life there and find the outlook of the people positive and pragmatic.

I am looking for a role as a geologist and have experience in an environmental consultancy supervising investigative drilling on landfill sites, in quarries, for onshore windfarm developments and for hydrogeological investigations. I also gained experience preparing proposals and modellnig in LSS and report writing. Subsequently I have gained experience in a geology and mining software company undertaking resource estimations in Gemcom Surpac, teaching Surpac (including Aalto University in Finland) and providing customer support services.

I would be very grateful if anybody knows of any geology openings (mining, software, teaching etc) or has any useful tips or links.

Yours gratefully

Tom

Kuala Lumpur Forum