Join now

I need help regarding Employment Pass :( (Kuala Lumpur)

Hello there, everybody!

My name is Anh. I have some questions regarding obtaining an employment visa and I will really appreciate it if you can take some time and help me out.

Here is my situation:
My husband is British, I am Vietnamese. We moved to Penang 2 years ago and I was on a Dependent Pass because my husband work in Penang.
After some time, I found work at a company so we had my Dependent Pass canceled and the company sponsored my Work Visa (Employment pass Category III).
Now we are relocating to Kuala Lumpur, my Employment Pass Category III has expired because my work contract ended (expiration date: January 20th Protected content . Currently, I am on a Dependent Visa again in order to stay with my husband in Malaysia.

My questions are:
1. If I get a new job, Am I still subject to the 90-day cooling of period, which means I can't work in that period and have to get out of Malaysia during that time? (the new job's salary is under RM5000/month - Category III)
2. Can I cancel/convert/amend my Dependent Pass and obtain an Employment Pass immediately?

Any inputs will be highly appreciated. If you know someone or where I can find out the answer myself, please let me know.

Thank you for your time.

Kuala Lumpur Forum

Our Global Partners