Join now

Know someone who needs a house sitter or elder car (Kuala Lumpur)

I need a place in Malaysia where I can come a few times a year, for periods from 1 week to 1 month per stay to rest up from relief efforts. Instead of luxury rents - perhaps house sitting, or helping to look in on a lonely, elderly 'auntie', for example? I would cover any of my expenses while in the house, including power.

I am looking for creative, respectable options for accommodation. As one possibility, I am a professional house sitter, with a profile and positive references (who can be contacted directly) on Protected content (profile name is MariaAtYourService). I also have dozens of positive Airbnb and Couchsurfing homestay references. As a licensed foster parent from the US, I have documentation showing the most stringent security checks.

About me: a quiet, mature female writer/retired biology professor from the US who is doing international development work in Southeast Asia. I am need of a local base to collect myself a few times a year after relief and efforts in human trafficking and healthcare in neighboring countries, such as Cambodia and Myanmar.

Contacts - or other suggestions welcome!

Maria Herman
Malaysian mobile Protected content

Kuala Lumpur Forum

Our Global Partners