Join now

Lets exchange life hacks? (Kuala Lumpur)

Hey guys! I’m fairly new to Malaysia. Staying in the KL/PJ areas.
I’d like to ask all of you if you’d like to exchange some tips about living here

Basically any kind of life hack you are aware of. I’d like to start off with the ones I’ve experienced or discovered since I got here, and i only have a couple.

#1 TIME internet. - before moving here I saw only people talking about Maxiss, Unify and P1. Luckily someone in my building was passing around flyers for TIME 100mbps for Protected content . I share an apartment with 2 other people and the internet speed is still pretty good. I dunno how it is for other people living in other parts of KL/PJ, but so far this is good. Hardly any time to buffer when I stream, download speed is good too! Facetime/skype calls work smoothly whenever I talk to friends or family from back home too.

#2 PostCo.com.my - twice already I’ve had trouble with shopping online cause I don’t know where I should have my stuff delivered. My office bans personal mail or package deliveries (except food for some reason) and I’m never home during the day. Not to mention deliveries are mostly on weekdays. This company allows me to pick up my delivery from a cafe or local business near my place. they charge 2.5myr, not bad. It seems that its also automated for big brands like Adidas and Twenty3 (also free). could help you guys who live alone or face the same horrors of my office.

#3 Waze (to avoid cops) - this one is from my friend. He drinks and drives sometimes [not saying you should lol] but if you are too, then use waze to check head if your current route has cops that have set up check points to look for drivers under the influence. So yeah… better take a grab or uber IMO but if you do drive then this one is for you.

Looking forward to hearing your life hacks to this bustling city! All the best to everyone.

Kuala Lumpur Forum

Our Global Partners