As I rather don't want to move to Singapore for my current job I am looking for a new sales and marketing challenge within Malaysia.
Born in S.Korea, but raised up in the Netherlands (I was adopted), living and working for more than 8 years in Malaysia right now.
Pls drop me an email (laurens. Protected content or reply if you know any possibilities.
Hope to hear from you people! Much appreciated.
Pls find below my achievements and working experiences;
MARKETING AND SALES MANAGER
10 years experience in Sales and Marketing including over 7 years on the Malaysian market – B to B and B to C
Fluent in Dutch (mother tongue) and English. Basics of German
Jeeves of Belgravia (brand name) – Kuala Lumpur / Singapore May Protected content present
Jeeves of Belgravia is a high end dry cleaning and laundry company. Originally from London they began in the seventies expanding their business to oversee markets by franchising. They mainly targeting the service the high-end / exclusive garments. Besides the cleaning from garments and textile products they also re-coloring leather handbags, jackets, cleaning of carpets, curtains, wedding gown. They are located in the major world cities (London, New York, Jakarta, Istanbul, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Bahrain and Manila).
Sales and marketing Manager
Reporting to the CEO
In charge of developing the markets for Malaysia and Singapore in terms of marketing and sales
• Manage overall operation and activities of the sales and marketing department
• Established excellent product positioning
• Developed strategic marketing plans supporting sales force and consumer products
• Manage marketing budget
• Initiate product promotion and marketing promotion
• Develop product launches activities managing from the start to finish process
• Improved brand awareness
• Analyze market trends and new development through market research
• Cost management and budget control for all marketing expenses to forecasts growth plans and financial targets to allocate annual budget
APP Timber S/B, Shah Alam - Malaysia Protected content Protected content Apr Protected content
APP Timber is an import – Export Company selling timber & veneers and providing expertise to the Asian manufacturers. These customers are mainly producing furniture, flooring, doors and other products which are predominantly exported to the USA, Europe and Japan.
Reporting to Managing Director (owner)
Managing local and overseas (Shanghai, Bangkok, HCM, Jakarta, Surabaya, Semarang) sales offices.
In charge of developing Central Asia and Indonesian markets
• Leading and supporting SEA sales offices;
• Purchasing and sourcing all raw materials worldwide (except SEA) and new suppliers;
• End responsible for procurement;
• Managing key customers as contact person;
• Sales manager for Central Asia region (Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Iran);
• Identifying and offering marketing tools supporting sales force;
• Identifying and develop new market opportunities;
• Guiding marketing activities;
• Forecasting, sales planning and reaching the forecast;
Markant Office Furniture S/B, Jenjarom - Malaysia Protected content Protected content Jun Protected content
Markant Office Furniture was established in Protected content . Markant designs, manufactures and imports office furniture and distributes exclusively through a professional network of office furniture and project dealers. Customers and support offices worldwide, Protected content dealers
Reporting to the managing director based in the Netherlands.
Managing sales and facility team of 7 people.
In charge of S.E.A. sales, marketing, introduction of new products into Malaysia and Thailand
• Leading and re-structuring the facility department;
• Leading and supporting the local sales team;
• Leading SEA sales;
• Managing all marketing activities ( PR / exhibitions etc.);
• Participating in developing new technical production machinery;
Merck Sharp &Dohme (MSD) BV, Haarlem – the Netherlands Sep Protected content Jul Protected content
Merck and Schering-Plough (formally known as Merck Sharp & Dohme) merged in November Protected content create a new company. They are the second-largest healthcare company in the world. They are also a global leader in consumer products and animal care.
Reporting to the sales director
In charge of developing sales and awareness for Maxalt (migraine) and Singulair (bronchitis) medicines in the Netherlands
• Supervising Sales for two medicines into the Dutch market
• Formulating and implementing sales strategy
• Building and maintaining good relationship with customers
Koninklijke Nederlandse Jaarbeurs BV, Utrecht – the Netherlands Protected content Protected content Aug Protected content
Jaarbeurs is one of the biggest event and exhibition organizers in the Netherlands with many foreign partnerships worldwide.
Reporting to general manager
In charge of coordination of visitors and exhibitors
• Improving general entry system, creating new exhibition concepts
• Increasing number of customers;
• Building and maintaining good relationships with customers
• Developing new exhibition concepts;
• Developing and implementing website;
• Managing the entire entrance registration system;
• Generating visitor results;
Intern (Jan-June Protected content
Work Paper “What are the opportunities regarding upcoming fashion lifestyle brands”
Albert Heijn B (Royal Ahold) BV, Deventer – the Netherlands Protected content
Albert Heijn is the leading food retailer in the Netherlands and one of the country’s best known brands. Albert Heijn pioneered the development of the modern supermarket in the Netherlands.
Its innovations range from the creation of the first self-service formats.
Work Paper “Design and integrate logistic system”
Education and trainings
1999 SkiData Protected content registration system course, Salzburg - Austria
1998 Congress and Event Management (CEM) certification, CHN University, Leeuwarden – the Netherlands
Protected content 1998 Small business / Retail management (HEAO), Bachelor degree, CHN University, Leeuwarden - the Netherlands
Protected content 1994 Textile management (HTS), De Maere University, Bachelor degree, Enschede - the Netherlands
Protected content 1993 Higher General Secondary Education, Deventer - the Netherlands
Divorced (Ex-wife : Malaysian ) with two children