Join now

Office and Appartment rental (Kuala Lumpur)

Hi everyone,

I am planning to start up my business in KL and currently in the process finalising the office and house rental. I have appointed a property agent is who is looking around as per my requirements. However, I just wanted to get some feedback from the members here to help me with my decision.

My requirements for office:
Recently my company got approved by MDeC for MSC status, therefore my choices are fairly limited. I can only rent MSC approved properties. I have been to Cyberjaya, but that is too far from the main city, so I am looking for something with in KL. I have visited some properties in KL Sentral and like them. Unfortunately it seems it is 100% occupied. Still looking there.

I need a small office, Protected content Protected content feet and access to good public transport. As my business will target SMEs, it will be good to be close to any business district. Apart from KL Sentral, I have been suggested Mid-Valley Gardens and Bangsar South. I have not been to these places, so no idea how good are they. I intend to have a sales team who will visit various companies - therefore a location from where they can move easliy and quickly will be the ideal location.

The office need not be furnished.
Rent: RM6-7.5/sq ft.

Requirements for home:
A two/three bedroom appartment close to the Sunway (Petalang Jaya is good too). My wife intends to do some courses from Sunday university, so I'll prefer somewhere close to the university or a location from where she can easily commute. Access to public transport is important. I will buy a car, so not worried about the distance from home to office.
Rent: Not too expensive, but will prefer a nice/new development.

I will be visiting KL in 3 weeks time to check the properties that my agent has short listed and then finally move in December. Any feedback on the suburbs, facilities of the locations with respect to business and living will be great.

Thanks for your time :-)