Join now

Processing of WORKING PERMIT (Kuala Lumpur)

Hi Expats!

I am just wondering if anyone has experienced cancelling the ongoing process of a working permit to move to another company
I recently signed an offer with one company - offer is ok, job scope fits my expertise, nice people, nice office they are keen to on board me ASAP and started processing my requirements for Working permit. Then I got a call from "THE COMPANY of MY DREAMS" asked me to drop by for interview. I went and did my best. I didn't hear from them for a while. I thought I was not considered.
I needed a job so I went ahead and confirmed to the other company that I will join them by next month, signed all papers necessary for working permit. After all that and knowing my start date I got a call for 2nd interview on that other company. The interview will be next week. Even if I make it I will still need to schedule the 3rd (and last interview) and wait for them to confirm I am hired. this may take a few more weeks if all is well

I need the job and VISA as soon as possible and as much as I want to pursue that application the risk and uncertainty is not practical in my current status. I am currently reconsidering if I would still pursue the other application and just pay the fine if there is any. I know all of these are just hypothetical as I am not even hired for that other company yet but any input or comment would be much appreciated

I have a few questions:

1. Has anyone of you experienced something similar?
2. Is there such a thing as blacklist if you cancel an ongoing process of Working VISA?
3. Is it true that I need to leave Malaysia for 3 months if I will be transferring to a new company?
4. Is it considered transferring even if I have not officially started working with the 1st company?

If you have any specific information that will help kindly let me know

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Kuala Lumpur Forum