Join now

Scouting Visit Next Week (Kuala Lumpur)

Hi - just posted this in Town Talk but trying to cast a big net - any and all advice welcome

I am going to be in KL next week for a scouting visit sponsored by my potential new employer. I am hoping you all can give me some suggestions of things to be sure to check into while I am there. Here are my details.

My offices will be in Bangsar, just at the LRT station.
I want to give it a try without a car - have been used to public transport all my life (NYC & NL & Germany) and here in Germany rely on my bike alot.
I am single and middle age so not terribly interested in the clubs but would like relatively easy access to shopping, entertainment, dining etc. Would like to primarily rely on public transit but not averse to taxi's as make sense.
I am planning on checking out housing options - both location and furnished full or semi, also things like banks, cell phone companies, internet providers etc etc.

Any advice on where to focus my housing search efforts and/or any other resources for finding services etc would be very welcome. Sorry to miss the monthly event this weekend but hope to meet you all soon at one.

Thanks in advance

Liza

Kuala Lumpur Forum

Our Global Partners