Join now

U.S. Presidential Election (Day in KL) Watch Party (Kuala Lumpur)

*UPDATED (Sun., Nov. 6):

Come cry, laugh, cheer or jeer. The U.S. presidential race comes to a head this Wednesday. Finally! Right? – unless it turns out to be an Al Gore/George Bush Jr. thing that lasts for months, but that’s another story.

Don’t get frustrated alone, join me at Healy Mac's in Publika for some informal poll watching, this Wednesday, November 9, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. or so, to witness the crowning of the next American president.

CNN-International (Europe) is covering the election from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. K.L. time. I’ve reserved a table outside in front of a TV and confirmed that Healy Mac’s will dedicate it to CNN.

I think we’ll need either a stiff one or some soothing chamomile tea if things don’t go our way. Perhaps, an energizing juice or a cold one if it does.

Regardless of who you rooted for, let’s come together.

Jumpa lagi! :)

Jo

WHO-WHAT: U.S. Presidential Election Night (Day in K.L.) Watch Party
WHEN: Wednesday, November 9, Protected content , from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. or so.
WHERE: Healy Mac’s Irish Bar and Restaurant – Publika, Mont Kiara, KL
(Outside on the square, across from The Social Restaurant)
– Address: 1 Jalan Dutamas 1, Protected content Lumpur
– Map: Protected content
WHY: Because it’s finally over! We hope?

Usually, when back in the States, folks of all political affiliations gather to watch election results come in county by county, state by state.

Realizing that U.S. election night will be a morning for us in K.L., when most people are working, wondered if anyone would like to grab an early lunch next Wednesday, at a Yankee friendly place, to watch the poll results roll in on CNN or MSNBC, etc.

I came across an election "watch event" at a hotel in Singapore ( Protected content ) . . . no reason we can't do the same here in K.L.

Anyone interested? Or have ideas or thoughts about a location?

Cheers,

Jo

Kuala Lumpur Forum

Our Global Partners