Join now

Video Production Internship (Kuala Lumpur)

My company is looking to take on an intern to assist on-set and in post production, helping with the shooting and production of video and audio content.

Insider TV ( is an international media organisation broadcasting an informative TV channel in thousands of hotels in China, Hong Kong, Singapore and Macau. This year we are launching our Malaysian channel and are looking for a motivated intern who is willing to help our Head of Production on set and in post production.

This is a 6-month internship, with no guaranteed hours, but we expect to be asking for an average of one or two days per week either on set or working on editing. There is likely to be a position at the end of the six months (or possibly before) if the intern is good enough.

The perfect intern will:

- Have excellent communication skills in English. This is absolutely essential.
- Be working on or recently completed a degree-level course in broadcasting, video production or film.
- Be highly motivated and willing to work hard. We are a serious production company and our working environment can be stressful - I won't lie. We need someone who is up for knuckling down and working hard.
- Be flexible. We often have to go and do shoots at relatively little notice. We understand that you may have commitments but being able to help on set during the week, in evenings and at weekends will be essential. If you are very busy and don't expect to be able to commit time for us, do not apply.
- Be easy going! You will be primarily working alongside myself... I'd like to work with someone nice!

This isn't just another company looking for free labour. I'm a qualified teacher and my intention is to train someone up to take over from me in KL in Protected content time. For this reason I'd prefer a student or recent graduate.

Contact me at jon. Protected content or call me on Protected content you, or someone you know, is interested.