Join now

Why is it so difficult or is it infact impossible? (Kuala Lumpur)

Hello everyone,

It was during mid of Protected content my wife was offered a role in Malaysia. Since I knew that it was her wish that she wanted to get exposure working outside of our home country - India. So we packed our bags, and with a dependents visa flew down early December Protected content I helped setting up the place. While doing that I made a couple of calls about work opportunities for myself (I was at that time still working in India) and was told that I should be present in Malaysia while looking for work. I then flew back during the third week of December and tendered my resignation which meant that I had to serve 3 months notice which I did. First week of April Protected content when I packed all of my bags and moved down to Malaysia. Since then, I have been job hunting without a glimmer of hope.

So does everyone who come on a dependents visa face this brick wall all the time? For me at this moment, it seems almost impossible to be part of the Malaysian work force. I have spoken to some of the well know recruiting agencies and registered with a couple of job sites, basically done all of the ground work.

Can someone tell me if I am missing anything? Any words of wisdom, assistance and or directions will be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, I have been in the Banking & Financial Services and Shared Services stream for the last 12 years.

Cheers
Avith

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Kuala Lumpur Forum