Join now

PAWS Kuwait needs URGENT help! (Kuwait City)

Dear All in Kuwait,

If you heard about the PAWS animal shelter (the only one in Kuwait with no-kill policy), you perhaps also know about their current problems. For all of you who do not know about PAWS, please read below the desperate cry for help written by the shelter chair person Manuela and HELP in any possible way. This institution must be saved.
Thank you very much!
Ania

PAWS Kuwait! Is this the end?
Most of you know us. Most of you know what we have done for the animal situation in Kuwait for more than 7 years. Most of you know that we rescued over Protected content during that time. Most of you know how hard we have struggled all these years and how hard we fought to continue with our work in very difficult circumstances. Most of you know under which conditions we rescued, saved, treated, sheltered and re-homed dogs, cats, donkeys, birds, horses and camels. Most of you know how stubbornly we provided education and advice in schools and in public to change the conditions for animals in Kuwait.
You might remember the time we had to leave our old place in Wafra because we were kicked out by the House of Development and we were so grateful to get the new accommodation in Kebed. We spent all our savings from the previous years to make this place a new home for our rescued animals. Now we have to move again…..
Due to personal reasons of the land owner, we got a very, very short notice to evacuate the shelter in Kebed. Within 2 months! We were shocked and desperate and angry at the same time!
Right now we have a terrible financial situation and are NOT able to move a whole shelter to another place we don’t have! We relied on the promises of the land owner to be safe for the next few years. A move to another place would cost us min. 12.000 KD to build up new runs for dogs and cats, to install a sewage system, to install power, to move all the porter cabins, most of them too old to move again!
So tell me , is this the end of PAWS? Was all our work and heart blood for nothing? Will we be the victims of the circumstances here in the state of Kuwait? Will our saved and abandoned animals be victims of a system, which doesn’t provide professional animal welfare in a targeted modern society?
Are we forced to give up, because powerful people change their minds from one day to another, because they don’t care if abused and rescued animals have to be put down in the worst case? Because authorities see us as an annoying group of people who fight for something unnecessary, minor…for animals? I SAY NO! We have the ethically responsibility to continue PAWS’ work!
THIS CAN NOT BE THE END!...but
PAWS needs your help so desperately right now, we can’t fight alone, we need people to support us to continue our work! We need a place to go where we are safe, where people understand that dogs and cats are the best friends of human beings, people who understand that we have to respect every creature in this world. We need money in case we find a place to move and give the abandoned and often tortured animals a new home, right now we talk about appr. Protected content and more than 80 cats, at least so long as YOU will come along and adopt them!
I swear by GOD we will fight for our animals and shelter as long as we can, but I beg you support us with labor work, construction material , financial donations, with advice and most importantly a place to go !
We will install a pay pal account on our website Protected content for donations, because it is a fact, we have to move!! We will try to negotiate more time to collect the necessary money. In case you want to call me personally, dial Protected content e mail me Protected content
GOD / ALLAH help us! People, citizens of Kuwait, help PAWS!
Manuela Tague, Chair person of PAWS and on behalf all our friends and members

Kuwait City Forum

Our Global Partners