Accommodation and Welfare Manager Needed (Lagos)
Kaplan International Colleges, Victoria Island, Lagos is currently seeking a part-time Student Accommodation and Welfare Manager. Responsibilities would include overseeing student accommodation and student welfare, interacting with UK and US offices and working with students in Lagos.
For more information please visit the following website and see the full job advertisement posted below - Protected content
For an informal discussion please contact Martine at Protected content .
Student Accommodation and Welfare Manager
Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Part-time position/ Immediate start
About Kaplan International
Kaplan International is the international division of Kaplan Inc., one of the world’s leading providers of lifelong education. With its origins dating back to Protected content , Kaplan Inc. is owned by Graham Holdings, formerly the Washington Post Company and is now one of the world's largest education business, with revenues of 2.5 million in Protected content approximately one million students studying each year across Protected content in 30 countries. Kaplan International's activities span a network of more than 40 English language schools across the English-speaking world, a broad suite of higher education programmes in UK, Asia Pacific and Australia and a professional and vocational training operation in Australia and Asia Pacific. We have a strong track record in the development of successful partnerships and the establishment of new education initiatives. We draw on a highly effective network of agents and our own admissions teams to recruit students from over Protected content .
The US Pathway Program (USPP) is a ground breaking transnational education partnership between Kaplan International (KI) and a consortium of seven leading North American universities (CNAU), chaired by Northeastern University (NEU). Currently in its fifth year of delivery in China, the programme has enabled over five hundred Chinese students to progress to their sophomore year in top universities in the United States. The newest centre of operation is located on Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria and further details can be found at Protected content .
Main responsibilities and functions
• To manage the provision and stock of student accommodation
• To manage the payments and to be responsible for the accurate assessing of relevant invoices prior to them being passed for payment
• To manage the system of regular accommodation inspections and to ensure that the service delivered is that which has been contracted; to provide training to others in how to carry out inspections
• To ensure residences meet both health & safety criteria and internal quality standards
• To establish and maintain a pro-active welfare system within the school
• To liaise with, train and lead all other staff in regards to welfare issues
• To set up areas for the display of welfare information and ensure easy access for all students to such welfare information; to ensure that welfare information in the welcome pack is up-to-date and accurate
• To set and develop regular group welfare sessions available to all students
• To develop and maintain a welfare database so that students can be helped in finding external advice and support
• Graduate level preferred
• Previous experience of working in hotels/ student accommodation/ education providers required
• Knowledge of UK/International student standards
• Experience of working in a fast moving, service led-environment
• Knowledge of the needs of international students and experience of working with international
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines, as well as managing several tasks
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Well organised
• Sound IT skills including MS Office and Excel and experience of working with databases
Application method and closing date
Please email your CV and cover letter to Protected content .
Closing date: 6th December, Protected content