Lecturer in Microeconomics
Kaplan International-Northeastern University partnership;
Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
$ Competitive salary
Fixed term: January Protected content May Protected content , with possibility of renewal
The Kaplan Pathway Program was created by the Consortium of North American Universities (CNAU) to provide an academically rigorous pathway for talented Nigerian students who want to pursue their undergraduate studies in the US. The program offers successful students admission to a top US college or university, 20 credits towards a bachelor’s degree, comprehensive English preparation, and a supportive learning environment.
Teaching will take place in a brand new facility in Victoria Island, Lagos – the most prestigious business district in Nigeria. This exciting project is the first of its kind in Africa and has the support of the US consulate and Nigerian Government student sponsor bodies.
Further details on the Kaplan Pathway Programs are available at Protected content .
Information on all Kaplan programs can be found at Protected content .
We are now inviting applications for Microeconomics instructors and lecturers to teach in the second academic term January Protected content May Protected content . Teachers may be required to contribute to basic internet technology courses and study skills teaching. The positions are best suited to experienced teachers with international experience who are willing to work as part of a small team.
Minimum job requirements
• Master’s degree from a US university in relevant subject
• 2 years teaching experience
• The ability to contribute to integrated teaching across the curriculum
• An understanding of US/Western higher education and the needs and requirements of international students
• Direct experience of further and higher education in an international context
• Demonstrable cross-cultural awareness and understanding
• A commitment to teamwork, to working flexibly and to seeking solutions to problems
• Experience of academic assessment and standards and of quality assurance procedures
• Competitive salary
• Fixed term contract from January Protected content May Protected content , with possibility of renewal
• Free staff accommodation provided (including all bills) on the brand new Victoria Island, Lagos campus
• High speed internet provided in the accommodation
• Medical insurance provided
• Return flight from a major US gateway for candidates based in USA
• Visa assistance provided if needed
Please apply via our online application form at Protected content with your CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Application closing date: 10th January, Protected content