Join now

Mandarin Speakers / Students (Lausanne)

Hey. . .

I see there's no Chinese language group.

Having spent some time in China, I was thinking I might as well try and stay in touch with the culture / language - even though right now I'm here in Switzerland; doing something different. . .

So I thought about creating a group which would, on one end, serve as a bridge to those still studying and who have never been to China (yet) but are interested in knowing more.

However, I believe my pronunciation (for one) is way too bad to preside such language meetings with any authority. . . and, even though I'm acquainted with some things, I don't see myself going on and on about this or that tradition, cultural aspect, etc. . .
It's just not my place to do that.
So, I would like to invite native speakers to participe. . . and help us decide what we do.

Everyone has to get something out of it, of course. So one way to do it, outside of language exchange (which we could still do), is to organize events of interest to all; seeing a Chinese movie, visiting a part of the city newly arrived expats want to see, trying some specific Chinese food - and maybe giving a language/culture spin to all this; how to say this in French, how to say this in Chinese, is this Chinese food here really 正宗 or. . .

Anyway, this thread is for brainstorming. . .
Who's interested?
Any ideas, tips. . . post away. . .

P.S:
I miss the WeChat (微信) groups back there - that's so fast to get anything organized. I just don't think everyone interested has the app. . .

Lausanne Forum

Our Global Partners