German Medical Information Professional –
Multilingual- home working
Professional Information Ltd
Richmond, North Yorkshire
Professional Information is a leading provider of pharmaceutical Medical Information. Within the Pharmaceutical Industry, Medical Information is the discipline that provides technical, factual information to healthcare professionals and patients to support the safe and effective use of medicines.
Professional Information has its head office in the UK and from here provides Medical Information services for the whole of Europe, employing native language speakers for the majority of the European countries. The Australian office was recently opened in Melbourne and supports services for the Asia Pacific region.
The Company has a large multilingual team, with over Protected content information professionals dealing with technical enquiries from around the World. Because of our continuing success and growth in new business, we are expanding the European multilingual team.
The industry standard for Medical Information Professionals is to have a degree in a life science or a medically related subject, or equivalent qualifications or experience, such as a nurse or pharmacy technician.
Full induction and ongoing training is provided to allow you to rapidly develop the skills required to become an effective medical information professional, and to progress your career further in the Company for those with the necessary desire and aptitude.
This role appeals to people who want to make use of both their language skills and science background in an engaging role that allows you to contribute to the safe and effective use of medicines.
General Background Information
Professional Information was established in Protected content is a privately owned company. The company has grown strongly over the past 15 years, and has developed an excellent reputation for quality and professionalism.
Professional Information specialises in the field of Medical Information only. This has enabled the Company to develop a real depth and breadth of knowledge and awareness of the Medical Information environment and has resulted in Professional Information rapidly becoming acknowledged as the organisation that the Pharmaceutical Industry turn to when external support is required.
The core activity of Professional Information is enquiry handling; acting on behalf of a broad mix of pharmaceutical companies to help them to deliver the service to high standards of quality and efficiency. The company currently manages enquiries on behalf of Protected content companies, including 8 out of the 10 largest global pharmaceutical companies.
Main Purpose of Job:
• Providing a high quality Medical Information service in respect of designated clients/products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Supervision, mentoring and advice will be provided to support the Medical Information Officer in the conduct of the designated responsibilities listed below:
• Providing a high quality medical information enquiry handling service by answering technical questions in respect of designated products in an accurate, efficient, confident and professional manner. Enquiries will be handled from standard responses available on Professional Information’s computer systems. Many of the standard answers will be in English and will require translation.
• Liaising with the more experienced members of the Medical Information team to provide answers to questions that cannot be answered from the standard responses available. These will be delivered in English and will need to be translated prior to delivery to the enquirer in their own language.
• Recognising adverse events and defective product reports and handling and reporting these in strict compliance with Working Practices.
• Carrying out literature searches in Medline as required.
• Liaising with the Administration Team for them to prepare Medical Information correspondence to confirm information provided over the telephone, or to respond to enquiries submitted in writing.
• Translating English responses into other languages, and delivering these either on the phone or in writing.
• Logging all enquiries in an accurate, comprehensive and timely fashion in the Enquiry Handling Databases.
• Complying with the specific Working Practices which have been agreed with designated clients.
• Maintaining awareness of, and ensuring compliance with, the legal requirements and professional guidelines associated with the provision of medical information on behalf of the Pharmaceutical Industry.
• Ensuring that the Confidentiality Statement within the Contract of Employment and Data Protection Legislation is adhered to at all times in respect of the data and property of Professional Information and its clients.
• Working in a professional manner at all times with clients, customers, team members and management.
Ideal Candidate Profile
• Mother tongue: Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, German, Italian, Greek, French, Spanish, Turkish, Russian, Hungarian, Czech, Polish or Romanian.
• Fluent in English.
• Strong translation skills.
• A human life sciences qualification. Examples include science degrees, nurses, therapists including physiotherapists and psychologists, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and dispensers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer literacy.
• Sound planning, prioritising and organisational skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Strong organisational skills.
Employment terms and conditions
Terms and conditions of employment will be discussed in detail at interview, but the basic package on offer comprises the following:
• 37.5 hours working week, Monday - Friday. Hours are on dependant on the country you will be working for.
• You can from our offices in Richmond or from an office in your home based in the UK.
• Once appropriately experienced, there will also be a requirement, as part of an on-call rota, to provide call handling support outside of these hours via an out-of-hours mobile phone.
• Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• 24 days annual holiday, increasing with length of service.
How to apply
To apply for this role please email your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Dineen, Senior HR Officer, to Protected content .
To post your CV and covering letter, please send to Professional Information, Olliver, Richmond, DL10 5HX.
For further information please contact Rebecca Dineen on Protected content .