Join now

Participation in a linguistic study (Lille)

Views

Hello!

I am looking for native English speakers for participation in a short research study on conversational interactions among speakers of French. I am an American PhD student currently teaching in the south of France but staying in Lille for the month of June. If you are a native English speaker living in or near Lille, and you have a good level of spoken French, your participation would be extremely helpful.

If you agree to take part in the study, you will participate in two informal conversations in French (about 30 minutes each), plus a shorter conversation in French (about 15 minutes), involving you and another speaker of French. These conversations will be audio recorded and will take place in a private setting (an office or lounge area at the Université de Lille 3, or a private area in a downtown café). You will also be asked to complete two written proficiency tests in French and a language background questionnaire in English. There will also be a debriefing session at the end of the study. The total time commitment should be between 2 and 2 1/2 hours.

Your participation will take place in one session during the month of June. At the moment, the following dates have been tentatively scheduled:
June 7th (evening only)
June 8th (evening only)
June 16th
June 17th (morning only)
June 23rd
June 24th

As appreciation for your time, you will be offered a small gift Protected content and a choice of Jurançon wine) upon completion of your participation. Also, snacks and drinks will be provided for all participants!

If you are interested and/or would like more information, please send me a message below or contact me at blackma [at] indiana [dot] edu, and I would be glad to provide you with more details.

Kind regards,

Mark Black
Department of French and Italian, Indiana University Bloomington
Département d’anglais, Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour
blackma [at] indiana [dot] edu
Protected content

Lille Forum

Our Global Partners