Join now

Interviewing Volunteers and Expats! (Lima)

Hello --

Hi, my name is Nathaniel Laywine and I am a PhD researcher in the Department of Communication Studies at McGill University in Montréal, Canada. I will be based out of Lima until mid-March as I am here conducting research for my doctoral project, which is on the training and recruitment practices of international volunteer organizations. I’m trying to understand how these practices affect volunteers’ experiences of solidarity, friendship or politicization while abroad.

If you are currently, or have recently been working in Peru as either a volunteer or in a paid position, I would love the chance to get to interview you. Each interview lasts about 45 minutes to 1 hour. I am mostly interested in your experiences pre-departure and while in the field, but I will also ask questions about your leisure time (for instance, where you are living in Peru, who you hang out with, etc.). All interviews are strictly confidential, meaning anything that you say will be kept totally anonymous in any publication of this research.

If you are willing to spend a little bit of time talking about your experiences as an international volunteer or expat worker in Peru, please do get in touch! Also, if you have any friends or colleagues who you think might like to participate in this study, please feel free to put them in touch with me as well.

Thanks and I look forward to meeting you!!

Best,
Nathaniel

Email: Protected content

Lima Forum

Our Global Partners