Social Media & Marketing Coordinator -Volunteer (Lima)
Volunteer Job Description
Express Connect S.A.C is a Social Enterprise located in Lima, Perú, we have free of charge services for low income families, individuals, children and youth like Raise Awareness Campaign for schools and Orphanages, free counselling, subsidized leadership, Christmas Campaign, Native English workshops and Social Toursim.
We generate our own funding through other services we provide such as: Tours and Taxi, Team Building, Social Tours, Coaching (PNL), English Tutoring, Lodging and services for foreigners.
We are looking for a bright enthusiastic individual for the volunteer position of Social Media & Marketing Coordinator Volunteer, to support our Social Enterprise with marketing and fundraising communications and initiatives oriented but not limited to our Tours services.
Time Commitment: three hours a week on site or from home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assisting with Brand Building: Express Connect & Express Connect Tours
• Implementing marketing and advertising campaigns by preparing marketing and advertising strategies, plans, and objectives; planning and organizing promotional presentations and producing additional marketing
communications, such as flyers, brochures and exhibition-related projects
• Setting up tracking systems for marketing campaigns and online activities.
• Researching competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising; maintaining research databases.
• Assisting with writing, editing and publishing press releases, media advisories, publications, Facebook postings, reviews, and other materials promoting our Social Enterprise Services, ideally on a weekly basis, encouraging others to comment on our posts and share them with others consequently, increasing the numbers of people following our posts and being aware of our services.
• Setting, working towards, and reporting on social media objectives and targets.
• Developing/Increasing inbound links to our web site
• Assisting with creation and distribution of fundraising and communications materials, e.g. newsletters, promotional items, fundraising packs etc.
• Undertaking specific research projects as directed (when needed) to help bring new business opportunities/ supporters on board e.g. celebrities, corporates, new events, affiliations.
• Advertising our Raise Awareness Campaign to schools and Orphanages.
• Another project: If you have a particular area of knowledge or an interest area you would like to pursue, you are welcome to propose a project for you to undertake
Skills and Experience:
• 2+ years in a professional marketing or communications role (combined with education, work or volunteering )
• Post-secondary education in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Management or Tourism
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans
• Excellent written, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Good research and internet skills
• Strong leadership and project management skills
• Understanding of issues affecting children and youth in Perú an asset
• Previous marketing, fundraising or events experience
• Interest in international development, particularly Perú
• Familiar with social media and other online tools to generate interest in a business or project
• Exceptional organizational and problem solving skills.
• Must be self-motivated with a strong attention to detail.
• Proven attendance record
• Customer service oriented
• Be 18 years or older
• Provide 3 References (combined job, volunteer and studies)
• Provide Police Check no more than a year old
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Express Connect’s values: Protected content
• Participate in our 10 hours training on April Protected content
• This is an unpaid volunteer position, nevertheless we offer a reference letter and certificate after six months of volunteering in our Social Enterprise. Letters previous to that date are also provided but volunteer hours will be specified before the six month period
• Opportunity to gain an insight into the running of a unique Peruvian Social Enterprise
• Additional experience developing valuable marketing, fundraising and communications skills.
• The opportunity to take the lead on a specific project for the right intern
• Free Training on April each year. Volunteer gathering/trips at least once a year
• Developing other skills, getting to know people, participate in some tours when space/seats/availability allows it, practice Spanish with other Spanish speaking volunteers
• After one month of volunteering, two free visits a month to a Medical Health Center (not including medicines) while volunteering with us
For more information on our Services, please visit: Protected content Protected content Protected content
This information is intellectual property of Express Connect, as such is confidential and may be privileged. Any unauthorized distribution or disclosure is prohibited. Disclosure to anyone other than the intended recipient does not constitute waiver of privilege. If you have received this information in error, please notify us and delete it (including attachments, if any) from your computer system and records.