Join now

Great Youth Baseball In Almada / Cascais Baseball (Lisbon)

Hello fellow baseball lovers in Lisbon!

I wanted to let you know that I have located what appears to be the only baseball club in the greater Lisbon area for children under 13 years of age. It is in Almada and run by the head of PE at the big high school there. This man established baseball into his PE program in Protected content , and is the only one of his kind, having made generations of Portuguese baseball players. He's an impressive guy!

The program runs from 9 to 11 am on Saturday mornings.

I took my 8 year-old son Elliott to the first session today, and it was great! It was mixed ages, but in the following weeks, more children will join, and they will break the program down into tighter age groups. All of the older kids were really nice and supportive with my son, and all of them spoke at least some English. The PE instructor really knows baseball, and had them doing drills, followed by a short instructional game.

I HIGHLY recommend this program for anyone with kids who are interested in learning and playing baseball. It's a bit far away, but on a saturday morning there is no traffic, and you can make great time -- even from Cascais. Also, by joining, your child gets officially registered into the Portuguese Baseball Federation. The cost is 20 euros, and the ages span 7 to 18.

If you're interested in joining, drop me a line and I'll put you in touch with the PE instructor. The more kids we get for something like this, the better and more fun it is. hope you'll consider it!

----

In other youth baseball news, myself and another InterNations member are working on establishing a youth baseball club on the other side of the river -- one that would serve an area that would cover Cascais, Sintra, and other cities in that general area. We've been in talks with the Portuguese Baseball Federation, a school in the area, and other influencers, and are hoping to have something established by April Protected content . It too would be a "youth baseball" club, similar to "little league" in America.

If you're interested in a program like this for your child again, please drop me a line and let me know, as I am assembling a list of interested people.

Thanks!

Mike

Lisbon Forum

Our Global Partners