Join now

Want to Learn Portuguese? (Lisbon)

Olá a todos!

I’m a Portuguese native speaker and I provide one-on-one private lessons. I teach beginners and elementary mostly.

I have a background in arts and I enjoy music, film, literature and gastronomy. I believe information is better assimilated when its context isn’t necessarily related to the subject.

Therefore aside the typical teaching method, and according to your own interests, I use creativity to make the learning process more engaging and fun. If you so wish you’ll have the chance to learn about Portuguese (or Brazilian) music, gastronomy and culture while mastering the language!

As before we could read or write our own mother language we learned to speak it, learning a language by ear seems logical to me.

I often focus on yours' speaking and listening skills; nonetheless I am aware each student has different needs, hence I will adapt the lessons to what suits you best.

I provide textbook handouts, all sorts of exercises, including audio, we practice writing through a shared google drive doc, great/fun Portuguese sayings and much more!

If you'd like further details email me at Protected content

Até beve!

"Mariana is a very enthusiastic and knowledgeable Portuguese tutor. She provides a variety of resources to keep lessons varied but structured. She has an excellent understanding of English and a scholarly grasp of Portuguese, above and beyond simply being a native speaker. All in all i would definitely recommend her to those looking to improve their knowledge and skills." Joseph (elementary)

“Mariana is a fantastic teacher, she’s very friendly, encouraging and extremely patient. Her classes are always fun and engaging which is really important for me when learning. I’ve always struggled learning languages in the past, and Mariana adapts to help me get the most out of the class. I feel like I now have a basic grasp of the Portuguese language and I look forward to learning more. I’d highly recommend Mariana to anyone who wants to learn the language.” Aaron (beginner)

"Mariana's classes are structured and the content is easy to follow. She always makes sure I understand and also designs the lessons so they suit my skill and progress. During these past few months I went from not speaking a single word to being able to understand and follow conversations. If you are interested in learning Portuguese, contact Mariana - who I highly recommend.” Sabrina (elementary)

“Mariana is everything you want in a language teacher, patient, encouraging and let's you pick the pace for slower learners like myself.” Hayley (beginner)

Lisbon Forum

Our Global Partners