Join now

Where to live in Lisbon?

Hey everyone,

I'm going to move to Lisbon in two weeks for an expat assignment and am going to stay for two years. :) I work in Marketing and my office will be in Portela, so close to the airport.

As I'm moving here by myself, I'm not sure which area of Lisbon I should move to!? I looked at different apartments and found two that were my favorites. One is in Sao Sebastiao, close to the blue metro line and only 4 stopps till Chiado, and the other one was a very modern one in the Expo district.

The one in Expo would be quite convenient as it is closer to work and the housing had a high standard. I also liked the other apartment in Sao Sebastiao ... but I think I should make this decision based on where I want to live. Can anybody give me a recommendation? As I don't know anyone yet, I want to live somewhere where I can meet new people, make friends and enjoy my free time. Do many young people live in Expo? How lively is it at night or during the weekends? Should I move to Sao Sebastiao to be closer to Barrio Alto and the fun night districts? Where do most young professionals live?

I'm grateful for anyone who can give me an advise. Thanks in advance! :)
Best, Nora

Lisbon Forum

Our Global Partners