Join now

Expat cycling buddies & outdoor activity groups (Ljubljana)

Hi everyone! Like many of us I’ve spent too much of the last year and a half inside, and Covid has really reduced the number of opportunities I’ve had to be outside, fit and healthy. Now that we have a glorious summer to enjoy, I’m hoping to find more opportunities to get outside and do some riding again, but I don’t really have many local contacts and I’m not currently part of any gym groups and the friends I have here in Ljubljana aren’t very sporty. I’m hoping I might be able to find some likeminded folks in the local expat community who are keen to get out on some bike rides, hikes or other fitness activities!

If there are established groups that people know about or would like to recommend, I’d be very happy to hear about them, although I expect I don’t have the fitness to keep up with the road cycling groups I’ve googled that regularly ride 80km or more (at least not yet!) Otherwise, if any like-minded folks are interested in organising to go out on some road (sealed or gravel) rides, I’d love to gauge interest, see who’s keen, and see if we can organise something! I’m in decent shape and have a good road bike, and would love to organise some day rides in and around Ljubljana, with a preference for trying to challenge ourselves a bit and build up a bit of fitness.

Thanks, and hoping to hear from anyone keen! :)

Mark

PS. As mentioned I’m definitely open to activities other than cycling, it just happens to be my focus at the moment - opportunities for collaborative sporty / outdoor activity in general are fantastic.

Ljubljana Forum

Our Global Partners