Join us in Ljubljana Central Hotel on 4th and 5th November
Invitation to the Euro-Mediterranean 'Stronger Together III' Forum
The Anna Lindh Foundation (ALF) is the main and most important Euro-Mediterranean structure for intercultural dialogue between people from this region. It was established by 42 countries from the Euro-Mediterranean area and has been active in all of them until today.
Within the framework of operation and activities of the Slovenian Anna Lindh Foundation Network, we are preparing this year’s central event in Slovenia, which will be held between November 4 and 5, Protected content , at the Hotel Central (Miklošičeva cesta 9) in Ljubljana.
November 4, at 11.00: The ‘Stronger Together III’ discussion will focus on the current migration flow across Mediterranean countries to the North and Europe. What is the situation in transit countries and how should transit and destination countries react in a relevant manner? Furthermore, we shall discuss the following topics: multicultural society, integration and good or less good examples of integration.
- Mustafa Erdogan, Turkey, DeM Turkey Istanbul, intercultural dialog and migrations;
- Ilias Rafail, Greece, IASIS Institute Athens, integration and migration on the ‘Greek and Balkan route’;
- Alvaro Will Ibanez Tudela, Spain, Solidaridad Sin Fronteras Institute, expert in the field of integration;
- Prof. Dr. Abelhamid El-Zoheiry, Slovenia/Egypt, President of the Euro-Mediterranean EMUNI University;
- Abraham Azzopardi, Malta, activist;
- Darja Golež, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia, Division for New Challenges and Threats;
- Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia (TBC);
- Gregor Preac, Slovenia, journalist and writer;
- representatives of media and non-governmental organizations from Slovenia, who are active in this field.
Opening address: Honorary General Consul of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Samir Amarin.
The discussion will be moderated by Robert Križanič, the national Slovenian ALF network coordinator.
November 4, at 13.30: ICEE, presentation of the web platform for intercultural learning
November 4, at 13.45: ‘The Today and Tomorrow Challenges of Migration and Integration’, workshop and discussion with guests, Institute for African Studies Slovenia, moderator Eyachew Tefera.
- Honorary General Consul of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Samir Amarin
- Mag. Aman Arage Mesfin, the Netherlands, consultant
November 4, at 15.30: 'Global Education for Harmony between Cultures and Regions', Srečko Šorli, researcher and scientist, physicist engaged in the philosophy of science.
November 4, at 16.30: Annual meeting of Slovenian ALF network member organizations. For network member organizations.
November 5, at 10.00: ‘Understanding of Others with a Simulation of Experiential Learning’, DeM Institute Turkey. A workshop with the practical presentation of methods and applicable examples for intercultural activities in schools and other groups for the development of a positive attitude towards multiculturalism.
November 5, at 11.30: ‘Networking for Intercultural Citizenship’, discussion and workshop about future cooperation possibilities, Samar Zughool, Project Leader at Povod Institute.
November 5, at 16.30: ‘DeM International Strategic Meeting’ with DeM International representatives and invited guests.
All events will be held in the English language. For additional information please visit Protected content or our Facebook page, whereas for further explanations please consult Protected content .