Join now

BIG Photography portrait project (London)

I hope this interests some of you! I am in the middle of a big project photographing Families at Home in London who come from every country in the world - about Protected content the UN count. I am half way through. I am hoping some of you will take part.
Why? London is unique in that it is home to peoples from every nation on the planet, that is around Protected content . London has both the largest proportion of residents born outside the UK (37%) and non-UK nationals (24%) and is the most ethnically diverse city in the world. This has never been the case before in human history, and is an extraordinary change that has taken place over the last 30 or 40 years with the triumph of globalization. It is a complicated mosaic and a unique one. London is leading the world as a multi ethnic, multi cultural city. Most importantly, despite the rhetoric and fear of some that society will break down under the pressure and strain the new population inevitably creates, the evidence before us is that it works! This great city has not collapsed, it is not running with blood and you do not need rose tinted glasses to see that is thrives.
So, I am making an historical record of this new reality, of The New Londoners, to make a book, an exhibition, and to go into a National archive.

Families and homes because it reflects a greater engagement with the city. You will get some digital files and a signed print, and I think you will enjoy the process too.

Who am I? Half Burmese photographer with Magnum Photos, quite well known in the photography world. Please check me out if you are interested. The BBC did a feature on the project
Protected content
and here is a link to my web-site
Protected content

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me, here, or by e-mail

Protected content

And, last but not least, here is a list of the countries I still need to photograph families from, the ones I am hoping will reply.

Protected content

MANY Thanks!

London Forum

Our Global Partners