Join now

Christmas Drinks Reception (London)

Views

Thursday 9th December Protected content

Venue: Ashburn Hotel, Kensington, London
Date: Thursday 9th December Protected content prompt start
Guest Speaker: Neil Mullarkey, Comedian

Neil Mullarkey studied at Cambridge University, where he was President of Footlights. He then did a double-act with Mike Myers when Mike lived in the UK, and even appears in a couple of his Austin Powers movies (Goldmember and International Man of Mystery). With Mike, he started the London Comedy Store Players in Protected content . They have become Europe’s leading improv troupe and, uniquely, have comprised largely the same personnel over a quarter of a century, earning a place in the Guinness Book of Records.

Neil has also appeared in movies, radio & TV including Whose Line Is It Anyway, Just A Minute, I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, and QI. For much of the last decade, he has used his improv skills within organizations to enhance their communication and creative skills. This led him to create his hilarious alter ego, L. Vaughan Spencer, The Gangsta Motivator “L-Vo” who won the Best Satire Award at the Edinburgh Festival. L-Vo has played many theatres and conferences across the world. His book, Don’t Be Needy Be Succeedy: The A to Zee of Motivitality, has been published in the UK, Australia, USA, Canada and India.

Here is a short clip, featuring Richard Branson Protected content

What the press said:

“Superb pastiche of self-help gurus. It’s Borat meets The Office.” SUNDAY TIMES (LONDON)

“Mullarkey's monstrous monologue is a side-splitting send-up of motivational gobbledygook, twisting language until the laughs cascade. Eerily life-enhancing comedy.” LONDON EVENING STANDARD

“Quite possibly the only business book you should ever bother reading” FINANCIAL TIMES

What other performers said:

“HILARIOUS! Well done on the book, sir. Laughed out loud from start to finish. So much great material. Silly and smart and so Mullarkvian. Bravo.” MIKE MYERS

“Neil Mullarkey is very, very, very very funny.” EDDIE IZZARD

Cost: FREE
Wine, beer, soft drinks and canapes will be available

Please send me an email to confirm your attendance so that your name is added to the guest list.

E: Protected content
M: Protected content

Oscar Wilde once said: ” Pleasure is the only thing to live for. Nothing ages like happiness. ”

With this in mind, I look forward to meeting you for Christmas Drinks..!

Best wishes,

Rakesh

London Forum

Our Global Partners