Commercial Relations Manager (London)
Commercial/ Senior Trade Relations Manager
My client is looking for a talented individual to come on board as a Senior Trade Relations Manager in their Consumer Lifestyle sector.
The company is one of the biggest global players in consumer lifestyle in terms of turnover.
Their competitive advantage is the combination of a powerful global brand, an insightful understanding of people, an extraordinary competence in technology and design, and the many synergies with their channels, partners and supply chain.
They are taking the consumer lifestyle much further, making home life more enjoyable and reflecting the consumer’s holistic interest in better well-being.
The Consumer Lifestyle sector will challenge your thinking, develop your professional skills and bring you into contact with people who share the same commitment to simplicity and world-class service.
The successful individual will be required to manage the Trade & Commercial Returns operations in a country or cluster and to support activities related to sales and strategic SO objectives.
As a member of the country / SO consumer care management team, you will be the “voice of customer” based on thousands of customer contacts on an annual basis and be the interface to the trade for all After service and consumer care related processes (Costs, Warranty, NPS, Escalations, Commercial decisions).
The successful candidate will be reporting into the UK Consumer Care Director and will liaise with SO sales and commercial management on service elements of sales contracts, sales trends, customer feedback and new business.
You will run the management of the analyst role and cost function within Consumer Care to identify trends and risks with regard to faulty returns – currently covering 65% of UK Cost of Non Quality ( Protected content ) – approx £9m at invoice.
You will also manage the safety/quality role, where you will be able to give direction to this role and liaise with outsourced partners for product testing.
Another main part of the role will be to liaise with repair operations “in house at customer”
Key areas of responsibility
• Management of Commercial Faulty Returns policies at BU level with key trade/commercial partners and development of service policy (exchange/repair/swap) in line with market, retail, consumer and cost expectations.
• Integral CoNQ Management and Trade Projects on country/cluster level.
• To execute country/SO Service policies which support global consumer care ways of working.
• To ensure that the Country/SO Service Organisation delivers their commitments on service levels and cost targets to the Country / Sales Organisations and Global Management for all activities.
• To provide leadership and expertise to support the country/SO team in executing Marketing strategies, i.e., warranty policies, return policies, concession policies, service scenarios, etc.
• Provide overview of performance realised against agreed upon KPI’s and targets for all key stakeholders in the country/SO and West Europe Consumer Care Cluster. These include, for example, levels of faulty returns per BG/Category per customer, assessment of work in progress value (and communication thereof to sales stakeholders), validation of costs incurred vs. expected levels
• Manage commercial trade interfaces, contracts and conditions for Consumer Care activities in CLS in the country and cluster.
Essential Skills Required
• Ability to manage diverse scope and multiple accounts, attention to detail,
• Ability to manage contracts, SLAs and BOG
• Ability to manage different cultures – from service and repair through to commercial sales
• Strong analytical skills and ability to convert data into information and action where required
• Strong communicator (verbal and in writing)
• Energetic, dynamic; Inspiring, clear and simple
• >8yrs business experience in a related field (commercial and/or vendor management)
• Graduated or equivalent
• Insight and knowledge of Market developments
• Commercial and operational experience with trade retailers. Used to being “in front of the customer” in operational context.
• Able to demonstrate personal impact In change-management and systems deployment
If you believe you tick all of the above and want to work for an innovative and global brand, with Head Offices located 30 minutes from Central London by Train, then please apply to this exciting opportunity, by sending your CV to the Headhunting agency assigned to this search at :
Please also state “Senior Relations Manager ” in the subject of your email.