Join now

Cornell Graduate - Looking for Finance roles (London)

I am an Ivy League graduate with a B.A. in Mathematics and Economics from Cornell University. After graduating, I was admitted to the Ph.D program in Economics at Columbia University; however, personal circumstances led to me withdrawing from the program and spending the next couple of years in my home country of Romania. Those circumstances have recently changed and I decided to make the move to London to pursue the career I have always wanted in Finance.

I am an extremely fast learner with strong analytical, interpersonal and problem solving skills and am very excited about the opportunity to gain first-hand experience in a dynamic and challenging environment.

I currently have no other commitments and am dedicating all my efforts to finding the right setting that would allow me to learn and develop all of the skills required to build on my strong academic background and lay the foundations for a successful career. Given my background, I am willing to start out in any capacity and am also open to any and all ideas or suggestions on what my first steps should be given my circumstances.

If anyone has any advice or useful contacts please feel free to contact me at edi. Protected content at any time.

Also, please note that I am more than willing to consider opportunities outside the UK; London just made most sense as a destination when balancing the number of opportunities available in the sector with the legal aspects of moving and working abroad (a bit ironic given Thursday's referendum result, I know).

Thank you for taking the time to read this short pitch and I hope to hear back from you soon.