Join now

Doctors immigrating to the UK (London)


This may sound extremely early, but I'm trying to keep my options open for the future. I would love to immigrate to the UK after I'm done my medical residency in Canada, but the information on the government sites is ridiculously unclear.
So here is my question:
If I successfully complete a postgraduate qualification in paediatrics certified by the American Board of Paediatrics and then proceed to do 3 more years of residency after that, would I be eligible to be put on the Specialty Register and work as a consultant?
The websites don't specify if an approved postgraduate qualification qualifies me to be on the specialty register or if it qualifies me to complete further training in the UK...
Somebody please help me, I've been tearing my hair out for months!
Thanks very much :)

London Forum

Our Global Partners