Join now

Experienced IT Program Manager looking for work (London)

Hi All,
I am currently looking for some work in London (or really anywhere outside of a warzone) and was hoping people here may have some leads.

I am currently working in Kabul Afghanistan as the Deputy IT Director at AIT and managing the VSAT and LAN networks for 38 government and NGO camps, while volunteering at the orphans school in town. Managing a team of 11 third country nationals I am handling the companies IT department from contracting and technical solutions to billing and deployment. Unique challenges from procurement to security make the work engaging from day to day, and lead to a very unique experience. From building a secure network during live combat to negotiating release of my employees with insurgents, work is high stress and rewarding. However as exciting as the work is in Afghanistan the living situation is getting more dangerous day by day, and I am looking for a more stable environment for employment.

Before this role I recently returned from Argentina where I spent 18 months working at Emerging Markets Communications building GSM and Satellite infrastructure. During this time I managed an international team of engineers and support staff to build and support communications for the UN, DEA, US Army, IMF, and many more.

Before Argentina I worked in Afghanistan at Afghan Wireless Communication Company. In this role, I led a team of fourteen local and Expat employees in support of the GSM operations in Afghanistan. I have eight years of experience with the IT help desk where I have built and maintained PC's and LAN's for small office and large enterprise networks. In addition I have experience with data security procedures and have implemented network security on large corporate LAN's. I have three years of experience as a communications PM working at multinational corporations.

If any of you know of any interesting opportunities please let me know. Thanks!

London Forum