Join now

iPhone app to discover London cultural activities

Hi everyone,

I grew up in Munich (then spent 8 years in Boston, MA) and moved to London 7 years ago. How time flies. Over the past years I worked at a big US tech firm but recently launched my own start-up. Upon arriving in London so many years ago I was fascinated by all the cultural activities London has to offer. Did you know that London has over a Protected content & galleries and over Protected content venues? What I found puzzling and painful though was how hard it is to discover cultural activities like visiting art exhibitions, theatre plays or classical music concerts. Hence, I decided to start Culture Key which helps people living in London (and those who have recently arrived) easily find great cultural activities. Because it's the cultural offering what makes London so special. As Mayor Boris Johnson puts it: “What makes London the best city in the world to visit? Is it our world-class theatre, our free national museums, our eye-opening art galleries, historic royal palaces, vibrant markets, or the abundance of green spaces across the city? It’s all of these things and more.”

The app also suggests things to do beyond culture (e.g. walks, day trips, markets). If you have an iPhone you can download it here for free: Protected content

I've lived in 5 cities and London is by far the most exciting when it comes to cultural offerings.

If you have any feedback on Culture Key do post it here please. I hope you find it useful.

Regards,

Thomas

London Forum

Our Global Partners