Join now

Is someone fabricating lies about you? (London)

I would like to warn all the IN members of something strange that is going at IN events.

Few weeks ago I tried to attend a mid-week event, I went there, went into the room, did not recognize anyone, and left 30 seconds afterwards.

When I left I saw the organizer looking really badly at me, but she as talking with other people and I did not know her, so did not explain why I was leaving.

When I came home I wrote on the wall asking for more of the same events at the weekend. My comment was cancelled. I wrote anothe r one and that was cancelled again.

After a few days I receive a formal complaint form HQ about my behavior at such event, event that I did not attend.

How can it be possible that someone complaints about you at an event you did not attend?!?

What came afterwards was a nightmare of Kafkian dimension, that went of for weeks. Was someone using my identity perhaps?

It turned out that the organizer of the event was upset about me not staying at the event and about the two comments, and had decided to fabricates a bunch of lies, to put me in a bad light.

This has totally wrecked the feeling of trust that we should have towards each other, and obviously I don't feel comfortable anymore to attend the events organized by this person.

I was lucky because I had a screenshot of such comments above, and I could demonstrate that my comments were harmless.

The HQ has since apologized, but not enough. So,be careful when you go to these events, always take a screenshot when you comment.

My point is: if this person has fabricated lies about me at an event I did not attend, what can this person fabricate about you or me, next time. Be careful.

This is not the spirit of IN, and It should not be.

Be careful.....

London Forum

Our Global Partners