Localisation QA Games Testing in London
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for someone who is either an experienced localisation tester or someone who is looking to break into the gaming industry. We are looking for people who are reliable, motivated, enjoy working in a team and are very skilled in their own language, which is a key element when working as a localisation games tester.
- Testing software to the required timescale across all the current gaming platforms.
- Entering any bugs, flaws and issues into the database in English and in a clear and concise manner, providing solutions to any issues where required.
- Proofreading to ensure all text is accurately translated from the English copy.
- Translating between English and target language when required.
- Ensuring the game is of industry standard before release.
- Proactively complete assigned tasks accurately and thoroughly, and within a specified timeframe in order to detect (and subsequently report on a daily basis) localisation bugs, software flaws and/or design issues.
- Ensure that no guideline-related localisation bug, flaw or issue remains in the signed-off product and report them as early as possible.
- Proactively seek to improve knowledge of testing procedures, and where applicable, related equipment.
- Maintain strong teamwork within the team.
- Communicate accurate information to other team members.
- Perform other tasks when requested by the management team.
- Fluent language skills in one or more of the languages below.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Basic IT skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Passion for games.
- Interest in translation and/or languages.
- American English
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Latin American Spanish
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will have games testing experience, either localisation or functionality.
- Experience in translation or audiovisual localisation.
- Basic MS Excel skills.
- Flexible and comfortable to be working on a project work basis.
- Team orientated.
- Good communicator.
- Proactive and reliable.
- Happy with playing games on various platforms for up to 8 hours a day.
- Available on short notice and comfortable with unusual work patterns.
Employment: Casual Contract
Job Type: Flexible
Please apply through our website: