Join now

Moving to the UK without any family there (London)

Hi all,

I have been thinking about moving to the UK for the past 2 years since I have been there. I have no relations of any kind in the UK except for a cousin that moved to the UK with her husband that is from England. I would know what my chances are for moving to the UK with my background.

I am 23 years old and graduated with a degree in IT at the end of last year. I am currently working and saving up to make a move to the UK. However, when looking for a job in the UK with my skills, it is hard to find companies that are willing to "sponsor" in terms of helping me with a working visa and so forth.

I was thinking of using my savings as well to go to the UK and going to apply for jobs but I think that would get me into a bit of hot water more than it would benefit me. Would it be wise to go to the UK and live on my saving to find a job there?

I want to know what my options are since I don't have any family except my cousin. I am still 23 and being so young I would love to work and migrate to the UK.

Anyone that has done and gone through this whole process, or if you have any information regarding this, it would be very helpful.

Thanks

London Forum

Our Global Partners