Join now

My first BLOG. :) (London)

Blog #1
The choice for change: to be what we want to be, do we add layers to ourselves, or take them off?
Hello, you lovely people!
Thanks for reading this, my new blog. I have never written one before, and as I start I am happy to admit that I am not sure where I will go with it. The one thing I am sure of is that I write how I speak: from my heart, with honesty and emotion (and probably not perfect English!)
I want to start this blog by telling you who I am now. Yes, I said now. Because I've changed, I’m not the same as I was.
When I first came to London in Protected content was 'only' one thing, Arantxa The Human Being. I was dreaming of becoming more than that; I wanted to work for myself, I was tired of working for other people. I wanted freedom and control in both my personal and professional lives. I wanted to become Arantxa The Entrepreneur.
So I thought to myself, what can I do ? I didn’t have a career, I had done a lot of different jobs, but none of them were exciting enough for me to build a career on.
However, I was good at languages. I was fluent in French, native in Spanish, and advanced in Italian… although I would describe my level of English at that time as 'rubbish'!. I also loved to connect with people, to interact with them, help them, and to meet lots of different personalities.
So, I thought to myself, If I start to teach private lessons in Spanish and French on my own, I can organise my work time like I was my own boss. The boss. Oh yes, I love the concept and the sound of this word in English. Even the Spanish word has power- (‘Jefa’ with the 'Spanish j' that you actually say with a really strong 'h' sound). Thinking of myself like that inspired me to turn my dream into a reality.
And my freedom started from that moment!
Today, almost 6 years later, I’m still Arantxa The Human Being. But how would I describe myself now? I´ve realised my dream of becoming Arantxa The Entrepreneur, owning my languages agency ADC Languages and still doing French and Spanish tuition. But I'm also more than that – I'm now Arantxa the MUMpreneur! That's right, I’m a mum to a beautiful little girl, and a mum-to-be to a baby boy who has been growing inside me for the last 5 months.
There are other 'layers' to who I am – I'm a wife to an amazing husband and a lover of exercise, travelling, self-reflection and the sun. And now, I'm also a qualified transformational life coach, a new part of me which I am growing and has many different possibilities for me. !
Whoop whoop! I am almost lost for words when I see the many different things I now have on my list of what makes me, me! #Proud.
This is the most important lesson I've learned so far:
You are not meant to be one single thing for the rest of your life.
Until coming to London in Protected content , I lived in a lot of different places doing a lot of different jobs that I didn´t really care about. I could have stayed like that, but the moment i decided to follow my ACTUAL passions (using my language skills, connecting with people and helping them) and became a wife and mother, everything in my life aligned. I learned that I didn’t need to remove anything from my life, or stop anything, to change; no, I needed to add more layers to who I was, to become who I wanted to be. The more variety I have in my life, variety that is linked by this crazy little thing called LOVE, the happier I am.
I want to end my first blog with a few big questions that I asked myself 5 years ago:
• Do you do what you love?
• Are you following your dreams?
• Can your passions become your career?
• Who do you want to be, and what can you do to get there?
I'd love you to share your answers below.
Look out for next blog. Bye for now!

London Forum

Our Global Partners