Procurement Category Manager
My client is looking for a Procurement Category Manager to manage their existing and developing portfolios across different clients and to support the development supply strategies, delivered through collaborative engagement across customers and requiring proven category Procurement experience alongside a customer facing capability.
The category encompasses different business requirements, such as:
- Supply chain management, working across primary FM service providers, consumables manufacturers and outsource entities to ensure the most cost effective commercial solutions
- Process and Policy management to provide enhanced strategies for standardisation of services, product and operational interactions.
- Business development, developing the business model and revenue stream for the category, supporting the Sales function as required in existing and potential clients.
- Procurement Category Management, to develop and implement the strategy for the category
- Ability to work autonomously, develop relationships across the customer base To work closely with other members of the team to ensure a professional service is delivered to customers.
- To conduct commercial negotiations.
- To design, lead and implement appropriate category strategies for the area of responsibility
- To ensure that selected suppliers meet the performance objectives set
- To take responsibility and accountability for achieving savings targets
The role requires an individual who is comfortable and credible in dealing with individuals at all levels across the client operation including executive board directors. Some travel across the UK would be expected to meet with customers and suppliers.
Please note that this role is based at the client's site in Central London, London
• Experience of leading and implementing a broad range of category projects, in managing supplier contracts, and ensuring service performance and reporting within a medium to large multi-site organization,(specific experience in couriers, freight and in a retail environment would be advantageous)
• Ability to demonstrate a successful track record of supply contract negotiations and placements
• Ability to demonstrate experience in category knowledge and credibility with subject / market expert suppliers and customers
• High level of analytical and numerical skills
• Proven track record of delivery in a fast-paced procurement function.
• Knowledge of the supply market concerned
• Good communicator
• Excellent customer facing skills
• Able to work autonomously
• Experience in leading teams to deliver
• Flexible to meet the demands of the role
• Results focused
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Very good Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and people management skills
If you are keen to apply to this great opportunity or just want to get more information, please send your CV at Protected content