Trainee/Graduate Quantity Surveyor for Bow Tie Construction company.
Starting salary £21, Protected content dependent on experience and qualifications.
An established residential construction contractor covering London and the counties North and West of London has an exciting opportunity for you to join their growing team. They seek a graduate or in-training Quantity Surveyor to work with them delivering Passivhaus and energy efficient buildings, an area in which they lead the market. With recent projects in Bloomsbury, Kensington and Abbey Road, this company is growing fast and needs a self-starting ambitious QS to ensure delivery of continuing success. Their standard of work and attention to detail is extremely high and they expect this of all their staff. Typical projects include extension, conversion, refurbishment and new-build.
Responsibilities would include:
• Working in a small team from the High Wycombe office managing multiple projects and communicating directly with project foremen via cloud based software.
• Implementation of cloud based project management systems.
• Regular training and mentoring from a senior QS who will initially oversee work.
• Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client.
• Preparing and analysing costings for tenders.
• Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
• Performing risk, value management and cost control.
• Overseeing projects from initial quote through to completion.
• Maintaining projects in progress, agreeing cost changes and keeping costs up to date.
• Allocating work to subcontractors.
• Providing advice on contractual claims.
• Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
• Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
• Providing the knowledge necessary to work safely, with consideration for others and for the environment.
The successful candidate will have:
• Graduate or student of Quantity Surveying or similar degree or vocational qualification.
• Member of RICS / CIOB / ACostE or working towards.
• Suitable prior experience of quantity surveying / quote / tender preparation.
• Demonstrable knowledge of Passivhaus / energy efficient building
• Enthusiasm and passion for their work and the construction Industry.
• Knowledge and interest in BIM and its application.
• Solid communication skills whether in person, on the phone or in writing.
• Drive to succeed, upskill and learn new software quickly.
• Customer focus - ability to engage in building sound relationships with the customer project team.
• Excellent manners, social skills and a sense of humour to cope with a variety of situations.
• Willingness to drive change.
• The ability to negotiate.
• The ability to optimise their workflows to new software tools and to analyse completed projects to suggest improvements to software workflow and usage.
• A methodical approach to your work combined with strong numeracy skills.
• A driving license.
Please Apply with a CV and covering letter describing your relevant experience and why you would be suitable for this role to Protected content